Slavery Still Exists

An estimated 27 million people are currently enslaved around the world. That’s more than all 400 years of the Atlantic Slave Trade that brought slavery to our shores. Also called human trafficking, modern day slavery takes many forms. Some are locked in factory compounds, some work on ships, others are home servants, and even more tragically, a great many are enslaved in the sex trade. But there is hope.

International Justice Mission (IJM) is a world class organization committed to ending slavery and human trafficking in our lifetime. BPF has partnered with IJM on previous initiatives. This month we are joining them and countless other churches in a non-partisan, nationwide campaign to bring 150,000 signatures before President Obama encouraging him to follow through with his promise to make ending modern slavery a high priority in his second term of office. I’d like to challenge you to join the fight and make your voice heard.

Please stop by the Next Step Center in the foyer this Sunday and pick up an Advocacy Card. If after you read it you agree with the requests, simply sign and return it to us. We will send them to IJM’s Washington DC Office the end of this month.

Live Bold,

Greg

Next Week – World Missions Offering

Remember, we will collect our World Missions Offering next Sunday, April 28th, as a way of expressing our gratitude to God for what He’s done in our lives through Brazos Pointe Fellowship. All of it goes to mission work outside of our church. 75% will be sent to the International (IMB) and North American (NAMB) Mission Boards. The remaining 25% goes to the Texas Port Ministry, based in Freeport.

What better way to express thankfulness for our blessings than to support others who also strive to reach the unchurched around the world with the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Advertisements
Comments are closed.
%d bloggers like this: